Skip to main content

Pencils really do fly ...

So in light of recent events ... I came home yesterday to a very crazy house. I swear my kids will be my undoing!

My lovely 8year old called me at work and asked me where a pencil was so he could do his homework. Now ... he has two very functional legs (they can get him to and from the fridge and cabinets w/ no problem). He also has two working eye balls ... (he can see right thru my little fibs about the Tooth Fairy).

I'm at work ... it is Monday ... and I'm having that late afternoon grumbly in my tumbly.
Me - "D ... there should be pencils in the top drawer of the computer desk. If there are none there, then you will have to wait till I come home."
 D - "I already looked there, I didn't see any pencils."
Me - "Well then you'll have to wait till I come home, do your chores and I'll be home after 4:30."
 D - "Yes mommy."

Now before I continue ... just to make sure that I have not been wrong for all of these years ... "Yes mommy" means "I understand what you are telling me to do and I will do what you told me to do without question." ... am I correct?

WELL ... I come home and my darling Hubby was upset because our entire street didn't have water (something with a cable company digging) ...

I come in and D and my oldest are standing in the kitchen watching as Hubby is pacing trying to figure out what is wrong. All we had to do was ask the neighbor ... she would have told us that she didn't have water either.

I calmly put my bags on the dining room table, pick up my panic strikken toddler and walk into the kitchen. "Honey, what's wrong?" ... He booms several comments in my general direction about the H20 not working and how inconvenient this is ... etc. etc. etc. and that we won't be able to shower, eat, brush teeth ... all the stuff you need water for. Kinda makes you realize that you need water for a lot.

It was at this very moment (bad timing) that I turned to D and asked him if he ever did find a pencil? What happend next is a blur ... but I will try to give you a mental image...

Hubby walks over to computer desk
D follows his every step and movement
D sees that he made a mistake
D tries to slyly grin in my direction
Hubby flings open the computer desk drawer
Hubby throws himself into the computer chair
Hubby begins to grab a pencil and toss it over his shoulder
D grins humbly
Hubby finds yet another pencil and throws it over his shoulder
D realizes that he should move out of line of fire
Hubby finds yet ANOTHER pencil and throws it over his shoulder
Mommy side steps that direct hit
Hubby finds yet ANOTHER pencil and throws it over his shoulder
Hubby (four) D (zero)
D proceeds to pick up the first pencil he sees
D sees that the pencil is not sharpened
D proceeds to drop it back on the floor
D proceeds to pick up the next pencil
D leaves the scene of the pencil masacare

Now ... if I have relayed these events to you correctly, would you have laughed at all of this?

 I will let you know that laughing is not the best answer.

I slept on the sofa lastnight.

(of course it was the sofa at my moms house ... she had running water)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

10 facts about yourself. .. I am on my iPad so if you see typos then just pretend they are spelled correctly. Move on!!!! 1. I am beginning to turn into a geek. I will explain... I was never a gadget geek until I met my husband. For our anniversary he purchased an iPad for me. For Valentines day he purchased a docking station for my iPad. Every year the presents get cooler and cooler ... But I am forgetting what diamonds look like... (hint hint) 2. I just became a Party Gal. Oh yes... This chic does those parties. They are the most fun and you can't beat having a good time with friends while earning free stuff ... Free naughty stuff!!!! Woot woot. 3. I am addicted to Twilight. Don't judge me, it wasn't my fault ... Well, not really. If you say you don't like it or you think it is stupid then you are missing the bigger picture. I don't have time to go into it, but if you hate it then you are stoooooopid!!! 4. I married a white guy. I know I know ... A really white gu

I have an addiction ...

Yes ... I'm no longer in denial. I have an addiction. VH1 has this little mini series that started with Flavor Flav ... some of you might know who he is, some of you won't. I won't go into details, if you want to know ... google his name. Anyway ... this man was looking for love. So VH1 gave him his own show where he could have 15 - 20 women compete for his love. Every week, he would eliminate one person. Here is where it get's a little confusing so try to follow along. I didn't really watch this one, I'm not a huge fan of Flavor Flav. From this show, New York (he named all of the women different names based on personality or character) was in the bottom two and lost. She got her own show ... "I Love New York" ... where she got to go thru 15 - 20 men while they competed for her love. THEN ... they figured why not a rock star... so they got Brett Michales from Poison to do his own show ... ready for this ... "Rock of Love." Now between

#17 - Bikini Wax

Sweet Jesus ... what was I thinking? Today I finally got the courage to do this whole "Bikini Wax" thing. I was really really hoping this thing was a fad and it was going to go away, but it didn't. :( After my relaxing message I walked next door (with my husband in tow) and I grew some balls and asked the lady how much the bikini wax was. She could probably tell by my face that I had never done this before. She smiled and pointed at the BIG price board behind her. Oops... fail #1. Holy Hell, $45 to rip hair off of someone’s body? Really? UGH ... After talking myself in and out of doing the wax, I decided that since I was here I might as well just do it. I mean, my motto in life is to try everything once, and the fun things twice. This wasn't quite what I had in mind. The moment that I said that I wanted to do this, a tiny girl comes up to me and starts talking to me about her prices and what she does and does not do. ... I'm confused. All I wanted was a bi