Skip to main content

Learning From Gabriel ...

I had rough morning with Gabriel. I let my 6yo get the better of me. I know he isn't a morning person, and neither am I. I went out of the routine this morning and let him watch cartoons BEFORE he was ready to go. (at the time it seemed like a good idea, don't judge). Time caught up to us and then it was a mad dash to get everything ready only to realize we were ahead of schedule. That just made me more upset ... that I was upset and I had no real reason to be. UGH. I left without hugging and kissing him goodbye.

I made it to the highway before God told me I should call him and wish him a happy day. I called, apologized for fussing at him and I hoped he would have a great day. What he said next has been on my mind alllll morning. He said "We had a rough morning because you forgot to come into my room and pray with me last night. You have to remember to pray with me. When you pray with me, I have a good day the next day."
I don't take Gabriel to church ... I don't even go to church. He didn't know who God or Jesus was until recently. I've had too much going on in my life that I didn't sit down and teach my baby about God and Jesus.

I came back from my It Works conference in January and I've been praying ... praying a lot. For guidance, for strength, for support and for happiness. One night I walked into Gaby's room and I told him that I was going to show him how to pray. And we prayed ... and now, when I make it home before he goes to bed, we pray. And it gives him comfort. He doesn't understand it quite yet ... but I like this path I'm on. And I like the fact that my little man has Faith in Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

10 facts about yourself. .. I am on my iPad so if you see typos then just pretend they are spelled correctly. Move on!!!! 1. I am beginning to turn into a geek. I will explain... I was never a gadget geek until I met my husband. For our anniversary he purchased an iPad for me. For Valentines day he purchased a docking station for my iPad. Every year the presents get cooler and cooler ... But I am forgetting what diamonds look like... (hint hint) 2. I just became a Party Gal. Oh yes... This chic does those parties. They are the most fun and you can't beat having a good time with friends while earning free stuff ... Free naughty stuff!!!! Woot woot. 3. I am addicted to Twilight. Don't judge me, it wasn't my fault ... Well, not really. If you say you don't like it or you think it is stupid then you are missing the bigger picture. I don't have time to go into it, but if you hate it then you are stoooooopid!!! 4. I married a white guy. I know I know ... A really white gu

#17 - Bikini Wax

Sweet Jesus ... what was I thinking? Today I finally got the courage to do this whole "Bikini Wax" thing. I was really really hoping this thing was a fad and it was going to go away, but it didn't. :( After my relaxing message I walked next door (with my husband in tow) and I grew some balls and asked the lady how much the bikini wax was. She could probably tell by my face that I had never done this before. She smiled and pointed at the BIG price board behind her. Oops... fail #1. Holy Hell, $45 to rip hair off of someone’s body? Really? UGH ... After talking myself in and out of doing the wax, I decided that since I was here I might as well just do it. I mean, my motto in life is to try everything once, and the fun things twice. This wasn't quite what I had in mind. The moment that I said that I wanted to do this, a tiny girl comes up to me and starts talking to me about her prices and what she does and does not do. ... I'm confused. All I wanted was a bi
So we are on the Spirit of Norfolk. One of the crew come by us and messes with the thermostat. Russ says "he lowered it?" Carly says "Nope, he hired it."