Skip to main content

Carly almost flew ...

So every night my husband and I fight over who has to turn off the light when we go to bed! It's a constant race to see who can make it to bed first. Of course ... being a woman who works in the cosmetic industry ... I have to cleanse, scrub, tone and protect the face every night. Most nights, I am the looser!

However, last night was the series premier of BONES! (love that show) We had to DVR it because we had so much going on. By the end of the show (almost midnight) I was nodding off and so was my darling Hubby! We both got up and he raced to the TV and shut everything off... the race is on!

He quickly walked to the door to lock it for the evening.

I slowly got up from the sofa.

He turned to me and said something ... for the life of me I could not remember what he said ...

I slowly came around the side of the sofa ...

And I'm off .... like a bat out of Hell ... I took off!!!!

But wait ... there is something in the way ... I didn't even see it ... what was it ... it was large ... and in my direct path to getting into bed early so I didn't have to turn off the lights!!!

As I start to run to the bedroom ... I tripped over the STOOL that my lovely toddler uses as a push cart around the house.

I saw my whole life flash before my eyes ... I was sure that my head was going to go thru the metal railing on our stairway! I could see it now ... in the headlines ...
"Mother of 3 gets head stuck in stair rails"

Can you see it?

Of course, I had to play it off like nothing happened. Ellen Degeners ... you are my life saver! I tried to play it off like I WANTED to sprint to the bedroom while flailing my arms in the air like a wild monkey! It didn't work. My husband almost peed his pants.

I flew down the hallway trying my hardest to be graceful as I hear my husband roar with laughter! Oh the humility ... it's just more amo for his stupid and retarded insults! BLAH...

I flew into bed and just laid there ... I couldn't stop it ... I tried my hardest to act like I was hurt! But then it happened ... I burst out into uncontrollable laughter!!! He comes stumbeling into the bedroom laughing so hard he could hardly stand up. His face was all contorted and red from laughing so hard ... I secretly prayed it would stay that way! ... It didn't!

We spent the next 30 min talking about the graceful trip I took down the hallway ... all because I wanted to get into bed and not have to shut off the lights!!!

But .... I still got into bed first!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

10 facts about yourself. .. I am on my iPad so if you see typos then just pretend they are spelled correctly. Move on!!!! 1. I am beginning to turn into a geek. I will explain... I was never a gadget geek until I met my husband. For our anniversary he purchased an iPad for me. For Valentines day he purchased a docking station for my iPad. Every year the presents get cooler and cooler ... But I am forgetting what diamonds look like... (hint hint) 2. I just became a Party Gal. Oh yes... This chic does those parties. They are the most fun and you can't beat having a good time with friends while earning free stuff ... Free naughty stuff!!!! Woot woot. 3. I am addicted to Twilight. Don't judge me, it wasn't my fault ... Well, not really. If you say you don't like it or you think it is stupid then you are missing the bigger picture. I don't have time to go into it, but if you hate it then you are stoooooopid!!! 4. I married a white guy. I know I know ... A really white gu

I have an addiction ...

Yes ... I'm no longer in denial. I have an addiction. VH1 has this little mini series that started with Flavor Flav ... some of you might know who he is, some of you won't. I won't go into details, if you want to know ... google his name. Anyway ... this man was looking for love. So VH1 gave him his own show where he could have 15 - 20 women compete for his love. Every week, he would eliminate one person. Here is where it get's a little confusing so try to follow along. I didn't really watch this one, I'm not a huge fan of Flavor Flav. From this show, New York (he named all of the women different names based on personality or character) was in the bottom two and lost. She got her own show ... "I Love New York" ... where she got to go thru 15 - 20 men while they competed for her love. THEN ... they figured why not a rock star... so they got Brett Michales from Poison to do his own show ... ready for this ... "Rock of Love." Now between

#17 - Bikini Wax

Sweet Jesus ... what was I thinking? Today I finally got the courage to do this whole "Bikini Wax" thing. I was really really hoping this thing was a fad and it was going to go away, but it didn't. :( After my relaxing message I walked next door (with my husband in tow) and I grew some balls and asked the lady how much the bikini wax was. She could probably tell by my face that I had never done this before. She smiled and pointed at the BIG price board behind her. Oops... fail #1. Holy Hell, $45 to rip hair off of someone’s body? Really? UGH ... After talking myself in and out of doing the wax, I decided that since I was here I might as well just do it. I mean, my motto in life is to try everything once, and the fun things twice. This wasn't quite what I had in mind. The moment that I said that I wanted to do this, a tiny girl comes up to me and starts talking to me about her prices and what she does and does not do. ... I'm confused. All I wanted was a bi