Skip to main content

Why ... haven't I figured this out yet?

Eventually, It will come together. Right?


My friends. I will be the first to tell you that I am all over the place. From the moment I wake up in the morning and all the way until 2 or 3 in the morning.  My brain never shuts off.  However, my brain literally has me in mindless rabbit holes about 80% of my day. For example, this morning during my 'quiet time', I had a vision about my my grass needing to be cut.  Then I brought myself back.  Then I had a vision of my desk and how messy it was, then I brought myself back.  I also had a vision of what the earth looked like from space.  Then my favorite makeup brush. Then if I was going to have eggs or cereal for breakfast.  All of this took place in about 10 seconds. That is when the dogs come into play!
Patches is cute, but he thinks he is a lap dog.
So, I've decided that it's time for figure out this 'focus' thing. Here is my plan ... so far. I'm sure it will change. I'm sure it will grow, but for now, like literally this morning, here is what I've come up with.

First things first, I'm going to dig deeper into the bible. I closed my eyes and asked God to lead me. Looks like I'll read Jeremiah.  I'm not sure what lead me to reading Jeremiah, but that's what is calling my name.  For anyone who hasn't read Jeremiah, he was a 'failure' by society's standards, but back in 672 B.C. God came to him and told him to speak on his behalf. However, in the past, when Jeremiah spoke, no one listened. He must be obedient and trust in Gods word.  Regardless of opposition and personal cost, Jeremiah courageously and faithfully proclaimed the word of God.

I am working on putting God first and above all else.  left 'religion' a while ago and never realized that being a BELIEVER didn't necessarily mean that you had to be religious. Hello personal relationship with God! It's nice to meet you!


Second.  I just discovered 'Miracle Mornings' (my beautiful friend Marquita from MarquitaBianca told me about it and then I discovered Kara from BohoBerry ).  I've created my 'S.A.V.E.R.S' list.  I'll elaborate more once I have a good flow of what it is and what I'm actually doing.  So far, today is the second day and I've done more this morning than I have in a long time.  And, it isn't even lunch time yet.

I am hopeful that this will help increase productivity in my days when I am at home working.  I've never really had a 'plan' for my business.  I just work when I'm home, but sometimes the TV is on as background noise and I get sucked into binge watching shows. By the way, do NOT binge watch Sons of Anarchy. Especially if you have attachment issues.

Third. I've decided that it is time for me to stop trying to be a part of the dreams of others. I tend to have this desire to be a part of something big. To contribute to what others are doing. To help bring THEIR ideas to life. I had always craved to be included in big things. And when I realize that I've been overlooked or not given any notice, I become hurt and sad. However, I'd still go back and try to be included again and again. (sigh) As humans, we have this need to feel as though we belong. So, as difficult as it is for me, I am taking a step back from the shadows of others and their dreams. I'm going to do some studying and some learning. I've signed up for some classes (Not sharing just yet what they are for) and I am going to figure out how I can use my gifts to change lives on my own. Once I've figured that out, I'm pretty sure the rest will fall into place.

New adventures do not scare me, however, something not being 'fun' scares me. So, if this turns out to NOT be fun, I'm going to have to figure out how to make it fun.

Finally. I am diving deeper into my Desire Map by Danielle Laporte.  <--- Seriously, click the link! The Desire Map was introduced to me by a coworker a few years ago. Once I opened up this book, it changed my way of thinking. I left Corporate America and have been my own boss ever since. She has a new book coming out called 'White Hot Truth.'  I am on her launch team, so I've been listening to it for the past few days. Just on Chapter 4 and she has already driven me to start firmly positioning my place in this world and be more truthful with my soul and where it is taking me.


Truth be told, I don't know exactly what I am doing.  And that is ok.  I have a right to be lost while finding myself, and so do you. We all have to start somewhere.

We were created for great things in this world and I'm getting close to 40, so I need to fuckin figure out how to change the world. Right? I am on that path now.  As a makeup artist, I am blessed with changing women every single time I pickup that makeup brush.

Oh, and by the way, I heard that the 40's can be better than the 30's. I'll let you know when I get there how things are.





p.s. I don't know where I am going, but I promise you it will be an adventure. Stick with me. If anything, you'll watch me try a whole bunch of stuff ... and maybe, just maybe, something I try will stick out and you'll try it and it will work for you.

I heart you all.

- cMamiVega


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

10 facts about yourself. .. I am on my iPad so if you see typos then just pretend they are spelled correctly. Move on!!!! 1. I am beginning to turn into a geek. I will explain... I was never a gadget geek until I met my husband. For our anniversary he purchased an iPad for me. For Valentines day he purchased a docking station for my iPad. Every year the presents get cooler and cooler ... But I am forgetting what diamonds look like... (hint hint) 2. I just became a Party Gal. Oh yes... This chic does those parties. They are the most fun and you can't beat having a good time with friends while earning free stuff ... Free naughty stuff!!!! Woot woot. 3. I am addicted to Twilight. Don't judge me, it wasn't my fault ... Well, not really. If you say you don't like it or you think it is stupid then you are missing the bigger picture. I don't have time to go into it, but if you hate it then you are stoooooopid!!! 4. I married a white guy. I know I know ... A really white gu

I have an addiction ...

Yes ... I'm no longer in denial. I have an addiction. VH1 has this little mini series that started with Flavor Flav ... some of you might know who he is, some of you won't. I won't go into details, if you want to know ... google his name. Anyway ... this man was looking for love. So VH1 gave him his own show where he could have 15 - 20 women compete for his love. Every week, he would eliminate one person. Here is where it get's a little confusing so try to follow along. I didn't really watch this one, I'm not a huge fan of Flavor Flav. From this show, New York (he named all of the women different names based on personality or character) was in the bottom two and lost. She got her own show ... "I Love New York" ... where she got to go thru 15 - 20 men while they competed for her love. THEN ... they figured why not a rock star... so they got Brett Michales from Poison to do his own show ... ready for this ... "Rock of Love." Now between

#17 - Bikini Wax

Sweet Jesus ... what was I thinking? Today I finally got the courage to do this whole "Bikini Wax" thing. I was really really hoping this thing was a fad and it was going to go away, but it didn't. :( After my relaxing message I walked next door (with my husband in tow) and I grew some balls and asked the lady how much the bikini wax was. She could probably tell by my face that I had never done this before. She smiled and pointed at the BIG price board behind her. Oops... fail #1. Holy Hell, $45 to rip hair off of someone’s body? Really? UGH ... After talking myself in and out of doing the wax, I decided that since I was here I might as well just do it. I mean, my motto in life is to try everything once, and the fun things twice. This wasn't quite what I had in mind. The moment that I said that I wanted to do this, a tiny girl comes up to me and starts talking to me about her prices and what she does and does not do. ... I'm confused. All I wanted was a bi