Skip to main content

Carly the Red Nose Human ....

For those of you that know me on a personal level and not thru friendships via work or just family related e-mails ... then you all know that I am not the "Brightest" crayon in the box. I have been known to laugh in the middle of dead silence minutes or even hours after the punchline of a joke is over. I've been known to laugh at my own jokes ... way before I even get to the punchline. I've been known to have the simplest of phrases go right over my head. Wait ... I didn't get that one. My 13 y.o. will use a word and I have to look at Darling Hubby to verify if it is indeed a real word. Yeah ... I get by on my personality and not my brain! Did I mention that I am super gullible?

Well ... many many many moons ago when I was a wee child, my mother told me something over and over again and it has stuck with me throughout my entire life. My mother told me that my nose would get bright red like Rudolph whenever I told a lie. WOW ... REALLY? I believed it. C'MON people ... she made a Santa Claus refrence to a child!!!! Of course I believed it! I took this two ways as I recall. On one hand ... I had a nose that would glow! That was totally cool. No one else I knew had a nose that glowed. I was special. On the other hand ... I would never be able to tell a lie because they would know. I would have to hide my nose from those that knew my secret. I had to protect my nose from the eyes of the people I was going to lie to. Easy enough to do.

Fast forward to adulthood. So today I'm 30 years old and I still can't tell a lie to save my life. When I found out that our department was getting off early for Christmas some of the girls in my department who know my secret trick cornered me and drilled me. It didn't take them long to get the right answer out of me. When they said "Are we getting out at 12:00?" my hand went to my nose to hide the lie I was about to tell. They knew then that we were getting out early. DAMN! When my husband asks me about something that I was sure he had no clue about ... I have to turn away from him totally to avoid my glowing nose and my huge smile. I'm really good at keeping a secret ... I just can't hide the right answer if someone asks me about it.

So there is a new T.V. show "Lie To Me." Plot - Detectives who are trained in the art of facial expressions and body movement to see how a person is reacting to questions or statements. They can read the human body to see if a person is lying or not.

Pretty good idea ... those of us that stink at lying (I am raising my hand first) will now learn what NOT to do when lying! This will be my new bestfriend ... this TV show "Lie to Me." As God is my witnes ... I will learn to tell a lie so help me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

10 facts about yourself. .. I am on my iPad so if you see typos then just pretend they are spelled correctly. Move on!!!! 1. I am beginning to turn into a geek. I will explain... I was never a gadget geek until I met my husband. For our anniversary he purchased an iPad for me. For Valentines day he purchased a docking station for my iPad. Every year the presents get cooler and cooler ... But I am forgetting what diamonds look like... (hint hint) 2. I just became a Party Gal. Oh yes... This chic does those parties. They are the most fun and you can't beat having a good time with friends while earning free stuff ... Free naughty stuff!!!! Woot woot. 3. I am addicted to Twilight. Don't judge me, it wasn't my fault ... Well, not really. If you say you don't like it or you think it is stupid then you are missing the bigger picture. I don't have time to go into it, but if you hate it then you are stoooooopid!!! 4. I married a white guy. I know I know ... A really white gu

I have an addiction ...

Yes ... I'm no longer in denial. I have an addiction. VH1 has this little mini series that started with Flavor Flav ... some of you might know who he is, some of you won't. I won't go into details, if you want to know ... google his name. Anyway ... this man was looking for love. So VH1 gave him his own show where he could have 15 - 20 women compete for his love. Every week, he would eliminate one person. Here is where it get's a little confusing so try to follow along. I didn't really watch this one, I'm not a huge fan of Flavor Flav. From this show, New York (he named all of the women different names based on personality or character) was in the bottom two and lost. She got her own show ... "I Love New York" ... where she got to go thru 15 - 20 men while they competed for her love. THEN ... they figured why not a rock star... so they got Brett Michales from Poison to do his own show ... ready for this ... "Rock of Love." Now between

#17 - Bikini Wax

Sweet Jesus ... what was I thinking? Today I finally got the courage to do this whole "Bikini Wax" thing. I was really really hoping this thing was a fad and it was going to go away, but it didn't. :( After my relaxing message I walked next door (with my husband in tow) and I grew some balls and asked the lady how much the bikini wax was. She could probably tell by my face that I had never done this before. She smiled and pointed at the BIG price board behind her. Oops... fail #1. Holy Hell, $45 to rip hair off of someone’s body? Really? UGH ... After talking myself in and out of doing the wax, I decided that since I was here I might as well just do it. I mean, my motto in life is to try everything once, and the fun things twice. This wasn't quite what I had in mind. The moment that I said that I wanted to do this, a tiny girl comes up to me and starts talking to me about her prices and what she does and does not do. ... I'm confused. All I wanted was a bi