Skip to main content

The Government Made Me Cry


How do I explain this to my children?

I am literally in tears right now.  Dinner conversation was intense tonight as I began plans to take over the bills for the house. I'll be honest, my full time job pays me under 40k per year.  My husband makes ALOT more than that. I'm looking at past statements ...  I can't breathe.  I don't make enough money to support my home.  Panic sets in and anxiety takes over.  I am not doing a very good job of hiding it my fear of our future.

I need to purchase foundation for some of my future makeup appointments and I made a choice to skip that and pay off the $200 water bill.  I have 2 gigs this weekend, which will support me buying new foundation ... but justifying buying foundation vs. paying off the mortgage.  Foundation loses.

Yoder tried to give me his CC to purchase the foundation.  Of course I turned it away.  He tried to hand it to me again ... and now I'm angry.  How can you remain so calm when we are in the situation we are in now?   What money we have left, we can only wonder how long this will last ...

Gabriel ... my 6 year old 1st grader ... gets up from the dinner table and gets his money jar.  He has been saving up his money for a special game that he wants to buy.  He had $6 in his jar. When he brought me the jar, he said "Mommy, I don't want to lose my house either. I don't need my game.  I want to keep my house. You can have my money."  I lost it.

Dear America, my patience is wearing thin.  When a hard working person ... who pays her taxes, who pays her bills, who obey's the law, who has family who have given EVERYTHING to support this country from a military standpoint ... has children who are afraid of losing their house ... what am I supposed to do?  

Meanwhile, on Capital Hill ... these lawmakers are making more laws to ensure that their Grandchildren have a full ride to college ... and they wrote them selves out of the "amazing" and "wonderful" new Health Care Act.  What about this new law scares all of them so much that they made themselves exempt from this law?  Why isn't this law good enough for them?

I'm moving to Antarctica.  At least I will die by my own terms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

10 facts about yourself. .. I am on my iPad so if you see typos then just pretend they are spelled correctly. Move on!!!! 1. I am beginning to turn into a geek. I will explain... I was never a gadget geek until I met my husband. For our anniversary he purchased an iPad for me. For Valentines day he purchased a docking station for my iPad. Every year the presents get cooler and cooler ... But I am forgetting what diamonds look like... (hint hint) 2. I just became a Party Gal. Oh yes... This chic does those parties. They are the most fun and you can't beat having a good time with friends while earning free stuff ... Free naughty stuff!!!! Woot woot. 3. I am addicted to Twilight. Don't judge me, it wasn't my fault ... Well, not really. If you say you don't like it or you think it is stupid then you are missing the bigger picture. I don't have time to go into it, but if you hate it then you are stoooooopid!!! 4. I married a white guy. I know I know ... A really white gu

I have an addiction ...

Yes ... I'm no longer in denial. I have an addiction. VH1 has this little mini series that started with Flavor Flav ... some of you might know who he is, some of you won't. I won't go into details, if you want to know ... google his name. Anyway ... this man was looking for love. So VH1 gave him his own show where he could have 15 - 20 women compete for his love. Every week, he would eliminate one person. Here is where it get's a little confusing so try to follow along. I didn't really watch this one, I'm not a huge fan of Flavor Flav. From this show, New York (he named all of the women different names based on personality or character) was in the bottom two and lost. She got her own show ... "I Love New York" ... where she got to go thru 15 - 20 men while they competed for her love. THEN ... they figured why not a rock star... so they got Brett Michales from Poison to do his own show ... ready for this ... "Rock of Love." Now between

#17 - Bikini Wax

Sweet Jesus ... what was I thinking? Today I finally got the courage to do this whole "Bikini Wax" thing. I was really really hoping this thing was a fad and it was going to go away, but it didn't. :( After my relaxing message I walked next door (with my husband in tow) and I grew some balls and asked the lady how much the bikini wax was. She could probably tell by my face that I had never done this before. She smiled and pointed at the BIG price board behind her. Oops... fail #1. Holy Hell, $45 to rip hair off of someone’s body? Really? UGH ... After talking myself in and out of doing the wax, I decided that since I was here I might as well just do it. I mean, my motto in life is to try everything once, and the fun things twice. This wasn't quite what I had in mind. The moment that I said that I wanted to do this, a tiny girl comes up to me and starts talking to me about her prices and what she does and does not do. ... I'm confused. All I wanted was a bi